I’m very happy to have been the recipient of a Liebster Blog Award! This is a cool award meant to recognize and encourage small and upcoming blogs (that is to say, blogs with less than 200 followers) and is awarded by other bloggers. A big thank you to Janina at Food (Policy) for Thought for the nomination—I’d like to say I’ve never won anything before, but I did win a DVD of Clueless at a raffle once. I can definitively say that I am prouder of this, though : )
So Liebster is a German word that means ‘favorite,’ and the award started in Germany in 2010. There aren’t really any requirements for the award, other than having less than 200 followers. There are, however, rules for receiving it! And they are as follows—
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog (Thanks again, Janina!)
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog
This is a really cool award—I’ve found a lot of wonderful food blogs to follow through looking at other peoples’ picks. What a wonderful community builder!
Anyhow, here are my picks for the Liebster award:*
- food (digested)
- Food (Policy) for Thought (am I allowed to nominate my nominator?)
- Thought + Food
- Cami Ryan
- Science on the Land
*Disclaimer: I am very, very bad at wordpress, and can’t figure out how to find out how many followers someone has. So if I’m breaking the <200 rule I’m very sorry!